TROY: 433 River St, Troy NY 12180 Office
Security Designer (Early Career)
Who We are:
Keep the internet running and the world working!
At kW Mission Critical Engineering, a part of WSP USA, that’s exactly what we do.
Simply, data centers are buildings that store information technology. These mission critical facilities must remain operational 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Your role is to design the building infrastructure—power and cooling systems—to make sure that happens.
Be a part of an engineering team where from day one, you will collaborate and add value to every project. Gain invaluable experience early in your career. Not only will you be designing building systems, you’ll interact with all internal mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, and telecommunication engineers, external design partners like architects and structural engineers, and equipment vendors for the development of drawings and specifications. Then, travel to project locations during construction and watch your designs being built for some of the largest companies in the world.
Do you want to work on innovative, award-winning projects, travel and see your designs being built, and enjoy an occasional game of ping-pong, lunch and learn, or after-hours’ camaraderie? Are you looking for career growth? Join our great people at our great places designing great projects.
What You’ll Do:
As a Security Designer, you will collaborate, design/support the physical security design of video surveillance, access control, and intrusion detection for new builds, renovations, and upgrades to data centers across the US and abroad.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with designers and engineers to perform a variety of Revit and CAD design assignments supporting multiple engineering disciplines
- Produce accurate 2D drawings, 3D BIM Models using Revit and CAD
- Support basic design tasks for security, to include access control, video surveillance, and intrusion detection
- Work with a team and support of more experienced designer and planners to plan and execute engineering tasks within projects
- Demonstrate basic understanding of the range of services provided by the kW MCE engineering teams & related practices
- Meet required schedules while producing quality work
- Assist with research & recommendations of fundamental components identified in designs
- Assist in design of access control, video surveillance, and intrusion detection
- Develop basic equipment layouts, floor plan, points lists and riser diagrams
- Assist with the survey and evaluation of existing conditions (when applicable)
- Collaborate and coordinate with internal project discipline team members
- Listen to engineering requirements and integrate into larger facility designs
Who You Are:
The ideal candidate has familiarity with Revit and AutoCAD and a background in security to include access control, video surveillance, and intrusion detection. Strong communication skills, and an interest in liaising with internal and external design, client and construction team members are also necessary.
- High School diploma or technical degree
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail, highly organized, self-starter
- Ability to travel to project sites
- Mission Critical/Data Center experience
- Experience with applicable software packages including AutoCAD and Revit
- Familiarity with low voltage systems in commercial or industrial settings