ATLANTA: 115 Perimeter Center Pl, Atlanta GA 30346 Office
Who We Are:
Great people. Great places. Great projects. kW Mission Critical Engineering, a WSP company, is a high-performance, fast-paced consulting engineering firm designing data centers and mission critical environments across the globe. We hire smart, responsive, team players to work in collaborative and mentoring office settings. Our mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, controls, telecommunications, and security building system designs keep many of the world’s top Fortune 100 financial, technology, enterprise, hyperscale, and colocation companies up and running 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
We work on innovative, award-winning, large-scale projects. We travel to construction sites to see our designs being built. As part of WSP, we are able to offer our employees increased professional development and career opportunities in addition to kW MCE’s office culture which is consistently recognized as one of the “Best Places to Work.” Join our great people at our great places designing great projects.
What You’ll Do:
As a Security Designer with us, you will design access control, video surveillance, and intrusion detection systems. This will include wall field layouts, door and camera schedules, and riser diagrams.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work independently to perform a variety of Revit/CAD design assignments supporting multiple engineering disciplines
- Produce accurate 2D drawings, 3D BIM Models using Revit
- Design access control, video surveillance, and intrusion detection systems.
- Meet required schedules while producing quality work
- Perform Quality Assurance/Quality Control of design packages
- Perform design tasks for site and building technologies including access control, video surveillance, and intrusion detection.
- Independently support the team during design and construction stages of projects
- Research & recommend fundamental components identified in designs
- Develop equipment, device layouts, floor plan, and riser diagrams
- Prepare camera and door schedules and specifications
- Perform construction administrations tasks
- Survey and evaluate existing conditions (when applicable)
- Work within multi-discipline project teams to develop drawing and specification documents for issuance to architects, contractors and building owners
- Demonstrate significant understanding of the range of services provided by the kW MCE engineering and design teams & related practices
- Implement best practice procedures
- Integrate project requirements into mission critical facility designs
- Attend and represent the Security Discipline in internal and client facing meetings
Who You Are:
The ideal candidate is experienced in Revit and AutoCAD and has experience in information and communications technology. Strong communication skills, and an interest in liaising with internal and external design, client and construction team members are also necessary.
- 3+ years of experience designing low voltage systems for high performing commercial, industrial, or mission critical/data center buildings
- High School diploma or technical degree
- Experience with applicable software packages including AutoCAD, Revit
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail, highly organized, self-starter
- Ability to travel to project sites
- Mission Critical/Data Center experience
- Experience with international projects