TROY: 433 River St, Troy NY 12180 Office
Plumbing Engineer (Early Career)
Who We Are:
Keep the internet running and the world working!
At kW Mission Critical Engineering, a part of WSP USA, that’s exactly what we do.
Simply, data centers are buildings that store information technology. These mission critical facilities must remain operational 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Your role is to design the building infrastructure—power and cooling systems—to make sure that happens.
Be a part of an engineering team where from day one, you will collaborate and add value to every project. Gain invaluable experience early in your career. Not only will you be designing building systems, you’ll interact with all internal mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, and telecommunication engineers, external design partners like architects and structural engineers, and equipment vendors for the development of drawings and specifications. Then, travel to project locations during construction and watch your designs being built for some of the largest companies in the world.
Do you want to work on innovative, award-winning projects, travel and see your designs being built, and enjoy an occasional game of ping-pong, lunch and learn, or after-hours’ camaraderie? Are you looking for career growth? Join our great people at our great places designing great projects.
What You’ll Do:
As a Plumbing Engineer with us, you will research and design water, gas, sanitary/sewer and storm systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with senior engineer to develop plumbing system concepts and designs and contract/bid drawings
- Calculate water, gas, sanitary/sewer and storm loads for utility coordination and system sizing
- Produce project specifications for CSI Divisions 22 & 23
- Attend client meetings
- Determine methods for collecting, compiling, and analyzing data from the physical work site, surveys, blueprints, schematics, data, technical drawings, computer-generated reports, and other matrices for project development, design, and construction
- Conduct research and inspections of proposed and existing site conditions, equipment, resources, building, infrastructure, and usage
- Design plumbing and fluid flow systems to conform with applicable rules, standards, and construction or operating permits.
- Develop construction and installation plans, specifications, prepare construction safety and phasing plans, and update infrastructure layout plans through coordination with owners, architects, other disciplines, sub-consultants, and clients.
- Work as an individual and as part of a cross-discipline team of engineers, planners, and scientific professionals to execute project work on multiple concurrent projects,
- Assist with the layout of equipment and ensure project work conforms with specifications, permit applications, schematics, compliance documentation, and regulatory and technical analysis memos
- Prepare data tables, charts, accurate reports, sketches, calculations, technical drawings, spreadsheets, and illustrations for the interpretation or presentation of data, findings, or analyses with the assistance of senior engineers
- Maintain quality control standards and procedures for accurate and precise measurements, statistical analysis, and reporting
- Assist in the analysis, evaluation, and interpretation of data obtained during site investigations, offering input with developing action plans for moderate- to high-level risk installation, equipment, and system operations, and/or mitigation activities.
Who You Are:
The ideal candidate is motivated, proactive, and excited to learn. Candidate shows a strong interest in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, communicating and collaborating with internal and external design, client, and construction team members, and a desire to travel to projects.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in engineering or construction
- Excellent interpersonal skills, teamwork, and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to travel to project sites
- Interest in innovative design for high performing data centers and mission critical facilities
- EIT License, or ability to obtain EIT
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit
- Experience working with fuel distributions systems
- Previous building design or construction internship experience