ATLANTA: 115 Perimeter Center Pl, Atlanta GA 30346 Office
Who We Are:
Great people. Great places. Great projects. kW Mission Critical Engineering, a WSP company, is a high-performance, fast-paced consulting engineering firm designing data centers and mission critical environments across the globe. We hire smart, responsive, team players to work in collaborative and mentoring office settings. Our mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, controls, telecommunications, and security building system designs keep many of the world’s top Fortune 100 financial, technology, enterprise, hyperscale, and colocation companies up and running 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
We work on innovative, award-winning, large-scale projects. We travel to construction sites to see our designs being built. As part of WSP, we are able to offer our employees increased professional development and career opportunities in addition to kW MCE’s office culture which is consistently recognized as one of the “Best Places to Work.” Join our great people at our great places designing great projects.
What You’ll Do:
As a Plumbing Engineer with us, you will research and design water, gas, sanitary/sewer and storm systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop plumbing system concepts and designs and contract/bid drawings
- Calculate water, gas, sanitary/sewer and storm loads for utility coordination and system sizing
- Produce project specifications for CSI Divisions 22 & 23.
- Perform construction administration tasks, including review of submittals, RFI’s and performing project site visits
- Attend client meetings and contribute to discussions
- Determine well-defined methods for collecting, compiling, and analyzing data from the physical work site, surveys, blueprints, schematics, data, technical drawings, computer-generated reports, and other matrices for project development, design, and construction.
- Conduct research and inspections of proposed and existing site conditions, equipment, resources, building, infrastructure, and usage
- Design plumbing and fluid flow systems to conform with applicable rules, standards, and construction or operating permits
- Develop construction and installation plans, specifications, prepare construction safety and phasing plans, and update infrastructure layout through coordination with owners, architects, other disciplines, sub-consultants, and clients
- Work as an individual and as part of a cross-discipline team of engineers, planners, and scientific professionals to execute project work on multiple concurrent projects
- Design equipment layouts, and ensure project work conforms with specifications, permit applications, schematics, compliance documentation, and regulatory and technical analysis memos
- Prepare data tables, charts, accurate reports, sketches, calculations, technical drawings, spreadsheets, and illustrations for the interpretation or presentation of data, findings, or analyses to improve, prevent, control, restore, or address design and/or construction issues
- Maintain quality control standards and procedures for accurate and precise measurements, statistical analysis, and reporting
- Provide guidance and training to entry-level engineer.
- Analyze, evaluate, and interpret data obtained during site investigations, offering input with developing action plans for moderate- to high-level risk installation, equipment and system operations, and/or mitigation activities.
Who You Are:
The ideal candidate is motivated and proactive and has a background in plumbing design and Revit. Candidate shows a strong interest in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment, communicating and collaborating with internal and external design, client, and construction team members, and a desire to travel to projects.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in engineering or construction
- 3+ years of experience in designing electrical systems for the high performing, commercial, industrial or mission critical/data center buildings
- Excellent interpersonal skills, teamwork, and written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Revit
- Knowledge of building, mechanical and plumbing codes
- EIT or Registered Professional Engineer (PE), if eligible
- Mission Critical/Data Center experience