NEW YORK: 250 W 34th St, New York NY 10119 Office
Who We Are:
Great people. Great places. Great projects. kW Mission Critical Engineering, a WSP company, is a high-performance, fast-paced consulting engineering firm designing data centers and mission critical environments across the globe. We hire smart, responsive, team players to work in collaborative and mentoring office settings. Our mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, controls, telecommunications, and security building system designs keep many of the world’s top Fortune 100 financial, technology, enterprise, hyperscale, and colocation companies up and running 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
We work on innovative, award-winning, large-scale projects. We travel to construction sites to see our designs being built. As part of WSP, we are able to offer our employees increased professional development and career opportunities in addition to kW MCE’s office culture which is consistently recognized as one of the “Best Places to Work.” Join our great people at our great places designing great projects.
What You’ll Do:
As an Electrical Engineer with us, you will design complex power and other building systems including generator plants, medium voltage distribution, uninterruptible power systems, lighting, fire alarm, and grounding.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design electrical systems for buildings including lighting, receptable, general, essential, and critical electrical infrastructure
- Work in a team or independently, planning and executing engineering tasks within projects
- Demonstrate significant understanding of the range of services provided by the kW MCE engineering teams & related practices
- Independently, support the team during design and construction stages of projects
- Lead the electrical design of complex projects
- Work within multi-discipline project teams to develop drawing and specification documents for issuance to architects, contractors and building owners
- Attend client meetings and contribute to discussions
- Lead and mentor entry-level and junior engineers
- Collaborate and coordinate with internal project discipline team members, equipment vendors, and manufacturers
- Communicate complex electrical engineering concepts and decisions to clients and stakeholders
- Integrate complex electrical engineering requirements into facility designs
- Interact regularly with clients to maintain current relationships and develop new relationships
- Lead meetings with internal and external stakeholders
- Research & recommend fundamental components identified in electrical designs
- Develop equipment rooms layouts, floor plan, and one-line diagrams
- Schedule equipment
- Prepare short circuit, coordination and arc flash calculations
- Perform construction administration tasks
- Survey and evaluate existing conditions
Who You Are:
The ideal candidate has familiarity with Building Information Modeling using Revit, has strong communication skills, and an interest in liaising with internal and external design, client and construction team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Architectural Engineering with electrical building systems emphasis
- 3+ years of experience in designing electrical systems for the high performing, commercial, industrial or mission critical/data center buildings.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, teamwork, and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficiency with applicable software packages including AutoCAD, Revit, SKM, eTap or Cyme.
- Knowledge of building, electrical and energy codes.
- Ability to organize and present design information to project staff
- Attention to detail, highly organized, self-starter
- Ability to travel to project sites
- EIT or Registered Professional Engineer (PE), if applicable
- Experience with the analysis and modeling of short circuit, coordination, and arc flash analysis
- Experience with the design of highly reliable, robust and concurrently maintainable Medium and Low Voltage infrastructure
- Mission Critical/Data Center experience
- Experience with international projects