Atlanta, GA Office
Fire Protection Engineer/Designer – Atlanta
Data Center Design. Collaboration. Leadership.
Fire prevention and suppression is a critical component to data center design in both new construction and retrofitting of existing systems. Join our Fire Protection, Fuel Oil, Plumbing team and design systems to meet clients’ mission critical reliability and operational demands.
- Develop system concepts and specifications
- Generate drawings and reports
- Lead junior staff: supervise, train, mentor
- Coordinate external design team
- Collaborate with internal cross disciplines
- Perform QA/QC
- Perform on-site field inspections
- Assist project management with scheduling, scope development, proposal development
- Join or follow industry organizations and attend events
- Strategically contribute to overall firm goals
- Be a kW MCE culture advocate
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Or 5+ years fire protection or fuel oil or plumbing systems design experience
- Technical leadership and mastery of building systems
- Strong knowledge of building and fire codes
- Revit experience preferred
- Strategic thinking, suggesting, and implementing improvements
- Big picture mindset, able to see full project mission, not just your discipline
- Ability to listen to client vision, engage with design team members, lead team, and drive project beyond expectations
- Be responsive. Stay committed. Work with integrity.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365
Salary and Benefits:
kW MCE is great people working at a great place delivering mission critical engineering excellence on great projects. Our leadership truly believes in work/life balance. kW MCE consistently compensates higher than industry average and offers generous paid time off, flextime opportunities, comfortable workstations with the latest technology, as well as office outings and family events to build a better team.
- Bonus opportunities
- Medical, dental, group life, and disability insurances
- Employer contributed 401(k) Plan