Troy, NY Office
Electrical Engineer, mid-level – Troy
Data Center Design. Collaboration. Leadership.
Design and specify building electrical systems including medium and low voltage distribution systems adapting generator, UPS systems, and alternative energy solutions to meet clients’ mission critical reliability and operational demands.
- Collaborate with all internal discipline employees, external design partners, and clients
- Lead design team coordination
- Mentor, supervise, train internal electrical team employees
- Coordinate with internal design leads and clients to obtain required information, discuss options, and develop solutions
- Cultivate client relationships, educate, and effectively communicate
- Assist with QA/QC
- Manage project and employee conflict to resolution
- Assist project management with scheduling, scope development, and proposal development
- Strategically contribute to overall firm goals
- Be a kW MCE culture advocate
- Be an industry thought leader and role model
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years electrical systems design experience
- P.E. preferred or in-process for licensing
- Technical leadership
- Knowledge of building and energy codes
- AutoCAD and/or Revit experience
- Big picture mindset, able to see full project mission, not just your discipline
- Ability to listen to client needs, engage with design team members, and drive project beyond expectations
- Be responsive. Stay committed. Work with integrity.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365
Salary and Benefits:
kW MCE is great people working at a great place delivering mission critical engineering excellence on great projects. Our leadership truly believes in work/life balance. kW MCE consistently compensates higher than industry average and offers generous paid time off, flextime opportunities, comfortable workstations with the latest technology, as well as office outings and family events to build a better team.
- Bonus opportunities
- Medical, dental, group life, and disability insurances
- Employer contributed 401(k) Plan