As a controls engineer and project leader on the data center design team, your role is to design the systems to automate and/or monitor the facility’s power, cooling, fire protection, security, DCIM, and more. Building controls is vital to the successful and efficient running of the data center. From new data center design to on-going testing, risk analysis, system performance, and advancing cost savings, your consulting achieves our client’s operational needs.
- Collaborate with all internal discipline employees, external design partners, and clients
- Supervise and train junior team employees
- Coordinate with internal design leads and clients to obtain required information, discuss options, and develop solutions
- Cultivate client relationships, educate, and effectively communicate
- Manage project and employee conflict to resolution
- Assist project management with scheduling, scope development, and proposal development
- Be a kW MCE culture advocate
- Be an industry thought leader and role model
- Applicable degree
- 3+ years controls experience
- Experience with DCIM, EPMS, and control systems a plus
- AutoCAD and/or Revit experience
- Big picture mindset, able to see full project mission, not just your discipline
- Ability to listen to client needs, engage with design team members, and drive project beyond expectations
- Be responsive. Stay committed. Work with integrity.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365
kW MCE is great people working at a great place delivering mission critical engineering excellence on great projects. Our leadership truly believes in work/life balance. kW MCE consistently compensates higher than industry average and offers generous paid time off, flextime opportunities, comfortable workstations with the latest technology, as well as office outings and family events to build a better team.
- Bonus opportunities
- Medical, dental, group life, and disability insurances
- Employer contributed 401(k) Plan
Ken Clausen, PMP