TROY: 433 River St, Troy NY 12180 Office
Who We Are:
Great people. Great places. Great projects. kW Mission Critical Engineering, a WSP company, is a high-performance, fast-paced consulting engineering firm designing data centers and mission critical environments across the globe. We hire smart, responsive, team players to work in collaborative and mentoring office settings. Our mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, controls, information & communication technology (ICT), and security building system designs keep many of the world’s top Fortune 100 financial, technology, enterprise, hyperscale, and colocation companies up and running 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
We work on innovative, award-winning, large-scale projects. We travel to construction sites to see our designs being built. As part of WSP, we are able to offer our employees increased professional development and career opportunities in addition to kW MCE’s office culture which is consistently recognized as one of the “Best Places to Work.” Join our great people at our great places designing great projects.
What You’ll Do:
As a BIM/Revit Designer with us, you will work other designers and engineers to perform a variety of BIM/CAD design assignments supporting multiple engineering disciplines. You’ll interface with architects, structural, and civil engineers throughout the project lifecycle to set up models and drawings, incorporate markups, implement the design and print. You will set up Revit projects in accordance with a BIM Execution plan, and initiate models to the BIM 360 cloud platform.
Duties and Responsibilities
Design with Revit
- Build 3D models and content to Level of Development (LOD) specified by design team and client
- Work with vendors and manufacturers to procure BIM content
- Follow guidelines driven by a BIM execution plan
- Manage shared coordinate system
- Create plans for construction from 3D models
- Apply & manage view templates
- Manage multi-phased projects from the BIM environment
- Manage clash detection using 3D model within the Revit model or using Navisworks
- Update models to reflect as-built conditions
- Export models to CAD and Navisworks
- Manage shared and project parameters
- Detail plans with all necessary annotation such as: dimensioning, Keynoting and tagging
- Work with BIM team and project designers/engineers to communicate, problem solve, and update models for coordination and design issues
- Assist engineers with design coordination problem solving
Collaborate in BIM 360
- Work in a cloud environment for coordination
- Publish models to BIM 360 Cloud
- Manage permissions for projects
Print with Bluebeam
- Print drawings from BIM for project review and submission
- Setup and use BlueBeam studio sessions for redline markups
- Manage and modify sheet sets by adding/removing sheets, page labeling, creating individual and combined sheet sets
Who You Are:
The ideal candidate has a background in BIM design and has worked directly with contractors and clients. Candidate is comfortable interfacing with clients and external vendors and is willing to travel to design sites.
- High School Diploma
- AutoCAD, BIM-Revit or other related graphic software experience
- Experience working with a team of engineers and delegating tasks to entry-level designers
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented professional with strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, teamwork, and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to set priorities in an efficient and timely manner to meet essential job functions.
- Must be a team player, have a positive attitude, and be a self-starter.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- BIM/CAD certificate or an Associate’s Degree in BIM/CAD or Engineering Tech
- Experience with construction administration tasks including RFI’s and submittals
- 3+ years in MEP design or construction and the implementation of projects in BIM