MILWAUKEE: 233 N Water St, Milwaukee WI 53202 Office
BIM/Revit Designer (Early Career)
Who We Are:
Keep the internet running and the world working!
At kW Mission Critical Engineering, a part of WSP USA, that’s exactly what we do.
Simply, data centers are buildings that store information technology. These mission critical facilities must remain operational 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Your role is to design the building infrastructure—power and cooling systems—to make sure that happens.
Be a part of an engineering team where from day one, you will collaborate and add value to every project. Gain invaluable experience early in your career. Not only will you be designing building systems, you’ll interact with all internal mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, and telecommunication engineers, external design partners like architects and structural engineers, and equipment vendors for the development of drawings and specifications. Then, travel to project locations during construction and watch your designs being built for some of the largest companies in the world.
Do you want to work on innovative, award-winning projects, travel and see your designs being built, and enjoy an occasional game of ping-pong, lunch and learn, or after-hours’ camaraderie? Are you looking for career growth? Join our great people at our great places designing great projects.
What You’ll Do:
As a BIM/Revit Designer with us, you will work with Senior BIM Designers and engineers to perform a variety of BIM/CAD design assignments in a specific discipline (i.e. mechanical, electrical, plumbing, telecommunications, etc.) in order to develop skills needed to design the MEP systems. You’ll interface with architects, structural, and civil engineers throughout the project lifecycle to set up models and drawings, incorporate markups, implement the design and print.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Design with Revit
- Build 3D models and content, to Level of Development (LOD) specified by design team and client
- Follow guidelines driven by a BIM execution plan
- Manage shared coordinate system
- Create plans for construction from 3D models.
- Apply & manage view templates
- Manage multi-phased projects from the BIM environment.
- Create schedules
- Coordinate with other trades using 3D model – within the Revit model or using Navisworks
- Detail plans with all necessary annotation such as: dimensioning, Keynoting and tagging
Collaborate in BIM 360
- Work in a cloud environment for coordination
- Publish models to BIM 360 Cloud
- Manage permissions for projects
Print with Bluebeam
- Print drawings from Revit for project review and submission
- Setup and use BlueBeam studio sessions for redline markups
- Manage and modify sheet sets by adding/removing sheets, page labeling, creating individual and combined sheet sets
Who You Are:
The ideal candidate has either prior experience in an MEP field or experience or an Associate’s degree with an emphasis on drafting.
- High School diploma
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented professional with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, teamwork, and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be a team player, have a positive attitude, and be a self-starter
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- BIM/CAD certificate or an Associate’s degree in BIM/CAD, Engineering Technology or a related field
- AutoCAD, BIM-Revit or other related graphic software experience
- Knowledge of BlueBeam